The Central Ohio Young Black Democrats are hosting Black Girls Rock, an event aiming to give women of color a space to learn from each other, get to know each other, and uplift each other. The event will take place in three parts: a networking portion, a keynote speaker and a panel discussion with women working in various professions.
Here's who we'll hear from:
- Franklin County Treasurer Cheryl Brooks Sullivan
- City of Columbus Councilwoman Jaiza Page
- City of Columbus Councilwoman Priscilla Tyson
- Judge Kimberly Cocroft
- Dr. Chenelle Jones, Franklin University
- Tammy Fournier Alsaada, Community Activist and Community Organizer and Founder of People’s Justice Project
- Erica Crawley, Veteran of The United States Navy
- Noni Banks, Founder of The Diva Movement Inc.
We, the young democrats of the State of Ohio, of the United States of America, associate ourselves together to establish this constitution. The purpose of the Central Ohio Young Black Democrats is to introduce, develop and encourage an active interest in governmental affairs and the electoral process at the local, state and national levels of the United States of America among the African-American community throughout central Ohio. This organization shall foster and perpetuate the philosophy, principals and goals of the Democratic Party by: developing leadership skills in our members, contributing to the well-being of our community at large; and providing for our people through the administration, the highest degree of justice and social welfare.